I am addicted!!! And I hate it. And have been hating it since a year almost!
My friends who never chat or call me, ping me on Fb chat asking if I was at office or home/which office?/if am working for Fb/if I was a Social Media & Communities guy?? Now I think this post would be good enough to have answers to all their questions.
So, here are the top 10 reasons why I hate Facebook aka FB the most:
1. My relationship/friendship(s) is/are on rocks! I am accused for giving more time to Fb than my crushes or my crusher 😐
2. My productivity has hit all time low. Now my boss and HR are on talks to get this site banned from my system IP. 😦
3. My reading habit, be it newspapers/magazines/fiction has been badly screwed up. For I rely on Fb’s live/news feeds for everything!!!
4. I have stopped watching/downloading educational porn. Cuz U see the red icon popping up to notify me steals my attention more than the former flicks 😐
5. I sleep less, rather insomniac thinking about the posts/links/notes/issues & await the sunrise to see what people have opined!!!
6. Colleagues mock me that I am working on a Facebook project rather than CRM platform’s.
7. My higher studies notions look very distant. If only I could get my eyes away from the laptop screen. 😦
8. I am way too distracted thinking what would be my life after marriage, that if, my wife might just file a divorce against me with this kinda addiction to Fb.
9. My kids would brand me as a bad father for not taking them to the roller-coaster rides rather asking them to go through the live updates and give their views on my posts!! :O
10. Enjoying my job but still thinking if I could be recruited for Facebook and be a part of the development team ( now that I have already done some good R & D on it & written blog-posts/tips) but scared about my social involvement to reduce to none at the same time??
Last but not the least. It’s April 1st. And I would confess that whatever it is, I LOVE FACEBOOK and come what may will stick to it and continue to have a “Relationship status changed from Single to In an Open Relationship“ with FB. 🙂
Addicted to Facebook.
UPDATE – 07/07/2011
Now I really hate it. And more reasons in the below video